“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
It’s that time of year when I have to bid farewell to the past and look forward to all the things to come. Last Saturday was my birthday – the first one I celebrated outside the country and away from my family. Nevertheless, I was happy to have experienced it in an Indian way! (More on this on a later post.)
For now, I want to take the time to be thankful for having had a blast on my 23rd year. I was able to travel extensively – four foreign cities and a lot of local provinces. Here’s the list of my best memories:
1. Puerto Princesa, Palawan I would never forget the underwater scenery while snorkeling in Pambato Reef as well as the good food in Ka Lui.
2. Hong Kong I loved the change in backdrop in Victoria Peak as the sun went down and lights came alive in buildings. I also was happy with the duk ling ride across the Victoria Harbour.
3. Macau How can I ever forget the great service and good food in Pousada da Mong-ha, along with the sumptuous egg tarts of Margaret’s Cafe?
4. Baler, Aurora A short but a memorable weekend – my first time to surf and to climb that humongous balete tree!
5. Bangkok An overdose of pad thai and Thai iced tea would always endear me to this city. My first Thai massage would also forever linger in my memory.
6. El Nido, Palawan I was back in Palawan after a few months. I was amazed by the limestone formations while I was swimming in the lagoon.
7. Mt. Ugo, Benguet 30 kilometers of walking proved to be an attainable feat. Stepping out of my comfort zone, I climbed my first mountain!
8. Siquijor Jumping in the waters of Cambugahay Falls was scarier than expected, but it was well worth it. The massage that we got from the waterfalls was also another great experience!
9. Dumaguete, Negros Oriental Great food! Loved the Mexican food in Moon Cafe and the sans rival in the pastry shop!
10. Oslob, Cebu
Swimming with the whale sharks definitely topped my experiences in Oslob!
11. Cebu City, Cebu Zubuchon is great! Will be back for more!
12. Bohol The cruise on the Loboc River is definitely my favorite part of the countryside tour!
13. India Currently enjoying the exciting culture of India. Watch out for more posts soon about this subcontinent!
Thank you to everyone who followed my adventures over the last year. Here’s to wishing for better things to come on this year! Cheers! 🙂
Happy travels! 🙂